Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Big talk over

I just gave my big talk tonight, and I'm relieved that it's over. It wasn't a huge talk (~50 people attended for a 1-hour lecture), but it was the first talk I've given where I was invited by a non-academic group to speak about my teaching. I talked about the field class I taught over the summer, and it seemed that the talk was well-received.

I was already rather stressed out before the talk when the host casually mentioned that both the president of the college and of the foundation were planning to attend. Not only did they both come, but while the president and I were talking after my presentation, someone behind the president broke in and shook my hand; I strongly suspect that that person was the chancellor of our district, but he didn't introduce himself, so I'm not sure. Yikes!

No comments: