Tuesday, January 13, 2004

Blood donating ...

I went and donated blood today, and am embarrassed to say it was my first visit in a year and a half. They'd redesigned the donation center since my past visit and after I asked, "Oh, when'd you do that?" they kindly answered, "a year ago." Heh. Heh. Here's hoping I don't miss any more remodels.

If you're interested in donating (in the US), check out the Red Cross or United Blood Services (or whoever else is in your area). In looking through the Red Cross's stats, apparently 1/3 of male donors aged 25-44 donate for the first time because someone encouraged them. Therefore if you're male, 25-44, and haven't donated blood yet, I'm officially encouraging you.

Curious about eligibility? See the Red Cross's eligibility guidelines. Of note is their section on Marijuana: "Acceptable as long as you are not under the influence of marijuana at the time of donation."

No comments: