Friday, April 30, 2004

Doves

A few days ago I heard a fluttering sound occurring regularly outside the house, and with a little investigation found that a pair of doves had built a nest under our eaves:

dove in nest


I quickly snapped a picture and then tried to leave them alone, but unfortunately their nest was near both a door and a hose spigot. Whenever I went for the hose or door they went fluttering off in a panic and paced around on the lawn about 50 feet away, watching anxiously. Thus when I woke up this morning I was only mildly surprised to see that the nest had been disassembled and moved; no doves were in sight. I was looking forward to having my own dove nest to watch, too. Oh well.

On a separate note, my SO returns from a nearly month-long visit with the family today, so I'm all excited about that. There's a few surprises ready currently, and I plan on picking up a few more today; I hope they go over well. Now if only I had kids and could use them as an excuse to get out of that department meeting this afternoon, I'd have even more time to prepare. Oh, wait ...

No comments: