Monday, July 26, 2004

June 16, 2004: Travel Note

While hiking across Lasqueti Island we started seeing signs for the Lasqueti Internet Access Centre. My last blog post (and net access) at the time had been many days earlier (June 13), and I knew I wasn't going to get another chance until much later (June 21 was my next post). Thus I was excited that I might be able to make a live, on-the-road, post to my blog from an island, but I figured that we wouldn't be going near it so didn't think too much about it. Well, as luck should have it, our path across the island took us right by the driveway of the internet cafe:

 Sign showing net cafe entrance

I walked excitedly up to the sign, visions of a blog post from Lasqueti Island flashing through my head, only to be let down when I read the hours of the cafe:

 Hours of internet cafe

I was there on a Wednesday.

No comments: