Monday, February 14, 2005

Happy Valentine's Day

I don't teach on Mondays this semester; instead, I typically spend the day in the office preparing for the week ahead. However, since it was Valentine's Day, I stayed home and have been cooking and relaxing with my SO.

The highlight of the day so far has been watching Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust for the first time. My SO and I have drooled over art from the movie for quite a while, but had never gotten around to actually watching it; the completed movie did not disappoint. The art is some of the most beautiful and detailed I've seen in anime (possibly excluding Studio Ghibli's work), very textured and moody.

Another highlight of the day, however, was learning from Wolverine Tom that there's a recipe for trilobite cookies available online. My SO and I have got to make these for a biology gathering at some point.

Lest you be too envious of my day, I have to spend much of this evening editing labs (as I've been doing most of the weekend), so it won't be a completely relaxing day (though there is a rumor that a chocolate hazelnut torte might be on the schedule as well ...)

No comments: