Saturday, March 18, 2006

In Atlanta

I'm now in Atlanta. The flight was amazingly short: only 3.5 hours from Los Angeles to Atlanta (compared to five hours, or more, for Los Angeles to Philadelphia). Considering that some airlines have recently attempted to charge for beverages, I guess I should feel lucky that I got a cup of soda, a snack of crackers and cheese, AND a granola bar. Oh yes, I also got a small packet of vanilla granola, from which vanilla was conspicuously missing from the list of ingredients.

Of course the first thing I did when arriving at my hotel was ask about wireless net. The receptionist was pleased to say that they had it in every room, but careful inspection of their brochure revealed a $10 per day charge to use it. On a whim I booted up my laptop in the lobby, and what do you know - there's free net here. And once I found the right chair, there's even free power.

So, now it's time to look for a place for dinner (online, of course).

[Update: I'm attracting laptop users to the lobby - someone just walked up and asked me if there was an outlet here; I let them in on the location of the precious mana.]

No comments: