Friday, March 30, 2007

A move behind the scenes

Thanks to losing access to some of my web space (on Comcast), I'm moving some of my files over to a brand new domain1. This move will only affect my static files (e.g., my recipe archive pages and my community college jobs archive), not the blog itself (which will be staying at the same URL). So, if you've bookmarked any of my static files, you should check to see if their location has changed, but otherwise you have nothing to worry about.

However, because I've been using the Comcast space since my blog started, I've got links to that domain embedded in my posts dating back more than three years; it's going to take a while to go through and re-code them all. So, if you're browsing through the archive and come across a link that no longer works, just drop me a line to let me know.

My hope is that this new domain will be a permanent home for all of my blog-related files in the future. I have no plans to move the blog over there right now, but who knows what the future will hold2; at the very least this new domain should give me more freedom with file hosting.

1 If you care, the new domain is ossiriand.net, but don't bother going there because all my primary content is still hosted on (or linked to from) blogger. I may snazzify the domain in the future (I've got some vague ideas for projects I could use the space for), but right now all it does is point back here.
2 Especially if those Wordpress fans can convince me that it's worth the effort to install that ...

No comments: