- Practical Perl Programming - includes dozens of pages covering everything from variables, arrays, and functions to regular expressions and modules, including a very handy list of array functions.
- Picking Up Perl - another online book about Perl, again with dozens of useful pages. Their associative array page was particularly useful.
- Tizag.com - has a moderately-sized Perl tutorial that includes lots of sample code.
- CGI101.com - has a good tutorial on Perl variables, including arrays and associative arrays (hashes).
- Pageresource.com - has a series of tutorials on a range of Perl topics, including sections on operators and conditionals.
Sunday, April 17, 2005
This weekend I've been trying my hand at revising some of TWiki's code, which is written in Perl. Before today I'd never worked in Perl, so I spent most of my time learning the basic syntax, but thanks to a number of online references I was able to make the changes I wanted. Here are the sites that were of particular use: