Monday, August 29, 2005

The semester starts

The fall semester started today, so summer is now officially over. Monday is a light teaching day for me; the real stress starts tomorrow, when I have both a lecture and lab for my primary course. I still don't know whether one of my labs will be cancelled; the dean is waiting to see how many petitioners I have and whether we can reschedule students to other lab times.

Teaching my field course late in the summer has made the summer seem very short; preparing for the course ate up most of my early summer, teaching the course took a lot out of me, and now it feels like the semester's starting up again right after I've gotten back. I loved the course, and the vacation around the course, but If I were to do it again I'd rather teach the course early in the summer, allowing me to have more of a true summer break.

No comments: