Tuesday, March 23, 2004

Links

  • Droplet: Amateur Microscopy of the Protozoa has some beautiful pictures of protozoans, along with taxonomic and general descriptions of each pictured organism. There are currently 184 pictures and 59 genera represented. If anything, I'd suggest that Mr. Rotkiewicz drop the "amateur" from the page's title. (via Pharyngula)

  • Michael at The Magic Angle, a new science blog, also replied to Pharygula's acupuncture post (my reply is here). He makes, among other things, the very important point that "there are always the anecodotal tales of some treatment working - but in any adequately sized population you'll find some people who make progress regardless of treatment." As a side note, maybe Semantic Compositions can tell me why I first typed Michael's blog name as "The Magic Apple"?

  • The Lord of the Rings Action Figure Storybook has recreated the Lord of the Rings movies using action figures. They've completed both the Fellowship of the Ring and The Two Towers; they make good light reading.

  • As a final note, thanks to both Semantic Compositions and Pharyngula for expanding on my misconceptions post - I appreciate the links! I believe they're the prime cause of my daily hits suddenly tripling.

No comments: