Thursday, August 03, 2006

The adorableness!

For the past few weeks we've had a dove nesting near our front door. The only time she's left the nest in the last few weeks was when she attacked me as I tried to water the plant she built her nest in. I learned my lesson, and thus the plant she's nesting in is now looking rather parched.

However, today the cuteness has become overwhelming: there are now two little baby doves hunkered down in the nest. Mom has resumed her foraging, and whenever she returns she's greeted by begging bundles of half-grown feathers.

Sadly, I don't have any pictures yet; my failed watering attempt made it clear that mom doesn't want to be disturbed.

[Update: Want to see pictures of what comes before the eggs are laid? Go check out Premenopaws' illustrated post. NSFW, if you're a bird.]
Categories:

No comments: