Wednesday, August 02, 2006

While I'm on the topic of books I want

BioQuip has highlighted another book that I must add to my wishlist: 100 Caterpillars: Portraits from the Tropical Forests of Costa Rica (by Miller, Janzen & Hallwachs). The book features photographs and ecological descriptions of caterpillars found in the Area de Conservation Guanacaste in Costa Rica.

And, lest anyone question the photographic qualifications of the book's photographer:
As author of the 1995 U.S. Forest Service Report "Caterpillars of Pacific Northwest Forests and Woodlands" and other studies, he [Miller] photographed, reared and identified more than 500 species of moth and butterfly in the Pacific Northwest.

"Some years I reared, photographed and identified more than 7,000 specimens in a single field season," he said.
(press release)
It looks like Amazon is selling the book for less than Bioquip.

No comments: