Thursday, December 27, 2007

A nearly vegetarian Christmas dinner

Christmas dinner
Follow the link to see a labeled version of this image.

My SO and I regularly cook big holiday meals. As is traditional, these have typically featured a central meat course surrounded by a number of vegetable-based sides. Upon pondering what we wanted to cook for this year's Christmas dinner we realized, however, that when it came right down to it the central meat course wasn't really all that central. So, this year my SO and I decided to try a Christmas dinner without the central meat course. Here was our menu:
While the relatives we've described this to have been surprised by the lack of meat ("Not even a tofurkey?"), we hardly even noticed it. Our plates and bowls were full of diverse flavors and textures, and we were so stuffed by the time the sweet potatoes finally came out of the oven that neither of us even had any that night.

1 comment:

Radagast said...

Importing comments:

Mom
Sounds great to me...looks even better. I hope I wasn't one of those saying meat was necessary...I know it isn't and your selection was very healthy...
December 28, 2007, 8:43:16 AM PS