Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Leaving for Canada

I'm leaving today for a college-related trip to Vancouver Island, Canada. My SO and I are driving up, will be spending approximately a week with a few other colleagues from my campus, and then will spend some time in the Pacific Northwest enjoying our first real vacation (not to visit family members or each other) in longer than either of us would care to remember. We plan on staying in at least one bed and breakfast in Victoria, may do the same in Vancouver and/or the Olympic Peninsula area (though we have no specific plans yet), and just hope to casually explore the area and relax for a week or two.

I will have a borrowed laptop (that has a wireless net card) with me, and I'll try to post notes up every now and then throughout the trip, but I have no idea how much success I'll have (I'm new to this wireless thing; chalk me up as a desktop addict). Thus don't expect much until after I get back from Canada in late June or early July (and if you do see things in the next few weeks they're likely to be very travel oriented).

I apologize for the long absence. I hope everyone has a great few weeks!

p.s. as a final note, is it a sign that you're a geek going on vacation when you bring along more books and science magazines than you can possibly read, even if you spend all day every day reading?

No comments: