Friday, June 11, 2004

In Victoria, BC

My SO and I arrived in Victoria, BC today after taking the Coho ferry from Port Angeles, Washington. We're staying at a bed and breakfast near downtown tonight and tomorrow night before heading up north on the island to meet up with my colleagues.

We were both happy to find that our B&B has a computer hooked up to the net, but were sad to discover that it's only a dial-up. That, combined with the lack of photo-editing software on our laptop, means that no pictures from the drive will be coming up soon, sorry :(

While most of the past few days have been spent driving, tonight we got into town early enough to enjoy a leisurely dinner out. Our B&B hosts suggested a few seafood restaurants, and we chose the Wharfside Eatery & Decks. I had some sea bass that was some of the best fish I've ever had, and my SO had some very tasty scallops. It was a romantic candlelit dinner on the waterfront, complete with the sun setting during dinner, a very nice beginning to our time here in Canada. We found it odd, however, that the sun set after 9:30 pm.

p.s. Thanks to everyone who commented on my going-away post; it was very nice to open up my blog tonight and read the comments :) I can't wait to get out tomorrow and explore.

No comments: