Saturday, January 08, 2005

A year of Radagast at Rhosgobel

It's hard for me to believe, but today is my one year anniversary as a blogger - my first post was written the evening of January 8, 2004. Since that time my non-blogging life has been fairly busy, but during it all I've enjoyed writing here and interacting with those around me in the blogosphere.

I've been amazed at the change in readership since I started writing. In the beginning I expected that my only regular readers would be the few friends and family members I told about this blog. In February of 2004, the first full month for which I have data, I got 300 or so unique visits; I was ecstatic. In December I got more than 5,000 unique visits; I can still hardly believe it.

visits for the past year as of December 29, 2004

Thanks to all who've taken the time to visit here, and especially to those who have encouraged me to think and work harder by giving me comments and feedback. A special thanks has to go to PZ Myers (of Pharyngula), who was the first-ever commenter on this blog.

Here's to another good year!

No comments: