Monday, January 31, 2005

First day ...

Today was the first day of the spring semester, and it was rather uneventful as I have no classes on Monday. I spent most of the day preparing for my first lecture and lab, both of which are on Tuesday, and interviewing a student assistant who will likely be helping in our stockroom.

The difference between this semester and last semester could hardly be greater. Last semester at this same time I was, well, panicking; I still hadn't written most of the labs that I would run during the semester, and had only about a week or two of lecture slides created. Now, of course, I've got all my materials from last semester to work with, and thus I can take the time to revise them and actually think critically about what I'm going to say.

From a technology perspective, not much is changing, as I'll still be using InterWrite's in-class response system and Moodle as my online course management system. Why do I somehow feel guilty about not trying out some new technology?

No comments: