Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Just when I think I have it all figured out ...

That darn Thanksgiving holiday comes in and ruins everything.

I thought I had my fall lab schedule all set, with everything fitting perfectly. I'd managed to get all the phyla of protists and animals introduced before our field trip to the intertidal zone (which is occurring inconveniently early, but it's not like I can control the tides or anything), and I'd fit two long-term rearing experiments into the last few weeks of the semester.

Then, this afternoon, I looked at the calendar and realized that I'd scheduled three labs to take place on Thanksgiving day. One of the labs was to check bacterial cultures that had been started earlier in the week, and another was to check plants that had been planted the week before.

So, now it's back to the drawing board to reschedule the entire end of the semester. Sigh.

No comments: