Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Tenure!

After a less-than-pleasant start to my day, everything got much better during my tenure committee meeting. This meeting was the final meeting in my tenure review process: all the members of my committee had observed my teaching during the semester (and the prior few years), they'd read a self-evaluation I wrote, and my students had completed multiple evaluations of me.

The meeting turned out to be a joy: every single member had nothing but glowing comments. It was wonderful.

At the conclusion of the meeting the committee chair checked the "recommend for tenure" box, and everyone signed the form.

Thus ends, for all intents and purposes, my hunt for tenure. Come next August (on the first day of the semester) I will be Tenured Professor Radagast.

Yippee!

[Note: much sushi was consumed this evening after work to celebrate]

No comments: