Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Time melts away

It's that time of year again: piles of papers to grade, a gazillion documents to produce (tests, letters of recommendation, etc.), meetings that "have to be held by the end of the year," special projects that need to get wrapped up, and not nearly enough time to do it all. Today, for instance, I walked in at 8am planning to get through at least one stack of grading; I left 12 hours later without having touched the grading, wondering where the day (and any semblance of a non-working meal break) went.

So, expect a lower-than-normal posting frequency for the next week and a half while I push through to the end of the semester. For those keeping track of my tenure progress, my final tenure review meeting will be held early next week.

On a more positive note, I just learned that I've gotten funding to go to the Innovations 2006 conference in Atlanta this coming March. It should be a fun meeting.

No comments: