Thursday, June 23, 2005

That's odd: text below

The text of new posts is not starting until just below the end of my side bar. This seems to only affect posts that I've made this afternoon, and it even happens on the permalink page (e.g. compare this post and this post).

I don't think I did anything to cause this, as I haven't changed my template in weeks, and I don't see anything obviously wrong with it. Any ideas?

[Update: I just found a possible cause; new posts have a <div style="clear: both;"> tag, followed by a </div> tag, just before the text of the new posts, whereas old posts don't have these tags. Unfortunately, I don't see anything in my template to remove that.]

[Update 2: I'm going to keep this post at the top for now; it was originally posted June 23 @ 7:59pm.]

[Update 3: Fixed! Josh pointed me to a workaround: all I had to do was add the line "div { clear: none !important; }" (no quotes) to the style section of my template. Blogger is apparently working on a permanent fix.]

No comments: